TYLEX CD PARACETAMOL/CODEINA 500/30 MG 30 CAPS
What is Tylex cd 500mg 30mg
Tylex cd 500mg 30mg contains 500mg 30mg of Paracetamol and 30 mg of Codeine phosphate. The combination of Paracetamol and Codeine has a longer-lasting and stronger analgesic effect than each component alone.
Paracetamol relieves pain and fever. As a result of the inhibition of arachidonic acid cyclooxygenase, it inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins in the CNS. The effect of this action is to reduce the sensitivity to the effects of mediators such as kinins and serotonin, which is marked by an increase in the pain threshold. The reduction of prostaglandin levels in the hypothalamus is responsible for the antipyretic effect of paracetamol.
Codeine is a centrally acting analgesic. It works through μ-opioid receptors. The analgesic effect results from its conversion to Morphine. Codeine, in combination with other analgesic drugs (such as Paracetamol), is effective in the treatment of acute nociceptive pain. Codeine is easily absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract (bioavailability 40-70%), reaching maximum concentration after about 60 minutes. It is metabolized in the liver, being broken down to Morphine and Norcodeine, and then excreted through the urine as glucuronides.
Indications of Tylex
Tylex cd 500mg 30mg is used in the treatment of moderate to severe pain not relieved by peripheral analgesics (Paracetamol with Codeine has no effect on the phantom, neurogenic pain).
Codeine is indicated in situations where Paracetamol or Ibuprofen cannot manage the pain on its own.
Dosage of Tylex
Tylex cd 500mg 30mg should be started with a small dose because of the presence of Codeine. It is recommended not to exceed the treatment with the drug for more than three days.
Adults: 1 tablet of Tylex at a time of intake. In case of severe pain, 2 tablets may be taken. If the pain gets worse, the daily dose can be increased to a maximum of 8 tablets. The maximum daily dose of Paracetamol, including all paracetamol-containing drugs, is 4 g and Codeine is 240 mg.
Adolescents from 12 to 18 years old. The dose depends on body weight. The dose of Codeine and Paracetamol is calculated separately. Paracetamol is taken at 10-15 mg/kg. Codeine dosage is 0.5-1 mg/kg of body weight.
Tylex cd 500mg 30mg is taken 1-2 capsules every 4-6 hours, but not to exceed the maximum daily dose of 60 mg/kg/day.
In elderly patients, the starting dose should be reduced by half of the usual recommended dose for adults.
Tylex cd 500mg 30mg Contraindications
Do not take the drug in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to Paracetamol, Codeine, opioids, or any of the excipients
- Severe hepatic or renal impairment
- In the case of alcohol dependence
- Treatment with MAO inhibitors and up to 14 days after the end of treatment
- Respiratory insufficiency of varying degrees of severity
- In the case of bronchial asthma
- The drug is not prescribed before the age of 12 years, as well as in patients with a body weight of less than 30 kg
- Adolescents under 18 years of age who have had surgery to remove the palatine or pharyngeal tonsils
- Pregnant women in their first trimester
- Women during the breastfeeding period.
- Tylex cd 500mg
The simultaneous use of other analgesics such as Buprenorphine, Nimesulide, Butorphanol, Diclofenac, Nalbuphine, Pentazocine is unacceptable.
Tylex cd 500mg 30mg Side effects of Tylex
In some cases, side effects occur:
- anaphylactic reactions;
- hypersensitivity reactions;
- Increased levels of liver transaminases (ALT and AST);
- clonic seizures;
- renal failure;
- drug dependence;
- arterial hypotension.
- Tylex cd 500mg
Rarely hypersensitivity reactions occur, requiring discontinuation of treatment: shortness of breath, bronchospasm, increased sweating, BP drop up to symptoms of anaphylactic shock, and Quincke’s edema.
Severe skin reactions: acute generalized exanthema, toxic-allergic dermatosis.
Interaction with other drugs
Tylex cd 500mg 30mg may increase or decrease the effectiveness of some components from other pharmaceutical groups. In some cases, combining Codeine Paracetamol with certain medications increases the risk of adverse symptoms. When using the analgesic as part of complex therapy, prior consultation with your doctor is obligatory.
Peculiarities of the interaction of Tylex medication with other drugs:
- When Tylex 500 is combined with indirect anticoagulants, there is a risk of internal bleeding
- Microsomal oxidation inducers in combination with Tylex may cause severe intoxication of the body
- Colestiramine-based agents reduce the effectiveness of paracetamol;
- The drug enhances the effect of sleeping pills, sedatives, and analgesics Tylex cd 500mg
When combined with ethanol, the risk of hepatotoxic effects of analgesics increases